Thursday 7 May 2009

Chromepet My Heaven - Part VI

Vanakam Nanbargalay....

For a change without having different introduction and contents, I will straight away enter into to the main topic.

Yes, I shall now narrate about the 2nd person by whom I was inspired by. I thought this is going to be a suspense, but one of the reader (Until today I do not know the identity of the person) has rightly guessed about the 2nd person.

The 2nd person is none other than the regular ghee vendor in chromepet, who comes in two wheeler. I remember he used to come in Bajaj M80, but now I think he is using TVS XL for his business roamings. Until now I do not know his name, we normally call him as 'Vennaikaar'..- means Butter Man..!! ( gosh.. it sounds like Super Man, Spider Man & HE Man..) Wow, that sounds good.. "Butter Man".. I am sure in the near future there will be a movie in this name "Butter Man" either in Hollywood or our great KoliWood (kodambakkam naina..!!).

This Butter Man sells ghee/butter on door steps at every house that too on credit basis. As per me he does this business more than 25 years now.. Though his children are well settled in US & UK, he still continues his ghee selling business until today. As usual when I enquired him why he is still roaming in hot sun for this business and even suggested him to open a shop and appoint some boys to do the door sales. He humbly replied that he is presently very well settled only because of this business and not willing to give up this business and to sit idle at shop or home.. Like wise there are so many legends in our great Radha Nagar, the list is endless..

There is a popular belief among this Butter Man's Customers that he mixes some quantity of Dalda ( Don't you know Dalda?? - oosi Mani, Paasi Mani samiyow..!!!) to the Ghee. Because of this the real Fragrance and taste of the Ghee is lost. I don't know whether this discovery & result by the ghee customers are true?.. But as he sells for Credit, I feel this Ghee and Butter will also emit Fragrance only on credit basis.. So when ever the Fragrance of the Ghee comes we should smell nicely and preserve, use it while having food..!!! enna, romba nalla ideava irukaaa??

During my last visit to chromepet I happened to see one more personality.. Mr.Narayanan who delivers Aavin Milk packet at door steps for the past 30 years.

Similarly there are various interesting personalities in chromepet. There is one more lady in the station Road Who sells lemon in front of a big commercial building. I guess when this commercial building was inaugurated the owners of this building would have purchased Lemon from this same lady to tie in front of the entrance to get rid off the bad omens..(Drishti kazhika..!!) But this owners never know that this building will be bought by this lemon selling lady at later days.. Yes, that is what happened. Idhu Kadhai alla Nijam..(Not Story but truth).

I shall say about this Lemon matter in the future blogs..

---- Vartaaaa.

No comments: