Thursday 27 May 2010

Recent News in Chromepet

Vanakkam Nanbargalay.........

I hope many of you might be aware of my recent visit to Chromepet. It was very nice trip and enjoyed roaming in the streets of chromepet. Now I would like to share the recent news in chromepet with you all.

BREAKING NEWS:

As now it is become a fashion in all the television channels to display each and every news as 'Breaking News', I also will try to adapt the same now in this post..

The famous Church 'Amala Annai Aalayam' was broken (demolished) probably for further construction. This is the first breaking news in Chromepet. This church forms a part of the famous school Holy Angels Matriculation, where so many legends were grown and now several of those have become popular too.. Great School, great students..

Secondly, I was told that the founder cum owner of the famous one and only Nayar Kadai (Tiffin Shop)expired recently. So as a mark of respect and condolence the Nayar Kadai remained closed for a day. I visited once and met the sons who were as usual busy with their business. Also I came to understand that one of the brother (I guess Mr. Ravi) has moved apart from the main shop and opened a branch some where near hastinapuram.

The Hyssop VSP hotel is now the talk of the town. Unfortunately due to various reasons I was not able to visit the hotel even once, but came to understand that the quality as well as the cost is good. This hotel is now become a hot spot for the youngsters particularly during week ends.

For a change I found the Radha Nagar main road to be well laid and maintained to a greater stretch until Nemilicherry. Also I could see the M52E metropolitan Transport (MTC) bus roaring in the streets of Radha Nagar.

I got chance to ride on bike (Bike courtesy my niece Ms. Lavanya) in the streets of Radha Nagar. But to my disappoint I was treated like alien and in fact once got shouted by co-riders for using the indicators while riding the bike. When ever I used the indicator the near by vehicle riders starred at me as if I am from some unknown planet.!! One fellow shouted at me for using indicator and asked me in tamil 'Un Kai nallaa thaaney irukku, pina edukku indicator use panra' (means your hands are ok, then why to use indicators..!!).. I was stunned and there after never used indicator (to be true.. after this incident i never used the bike.. !!). Nalla kelupuraangaiya beedhiya...!!

Another interesting information I heard was, that oflate traffic police are so vigilant and strict in catching the offenders of not using the helmet for two wheelers. It seems if a person rides a bike without helmet the penalty is only Rs.50/- where as if a person has a helmet and if he does not wear while riding his bike the penalty is Rs. 100/- .. enna kodumai saravanan idhu.. I am not sure of the authenticity of this information.. Utkaarandhu yosipaangaloo...!!

The crowd for purchasing the train ticket was lengthier than the number of coaches in 2 electric trains!!.. No improvement at all in this issue..!! I felt this huge crowd might encourage lots of illegal (without train ticket) passengers in the electric train..

The great vettri and rakesh theaters remains same. I happened to watch (unfortunately!!) the tamil movie SURA in vettri theater. It was the very first week of this movie got released and to my surprise I got the tickets in the counter (totally empty..!!, the ticket issuer was all alone .. looking so sad..!!). Once I went inside and saw the movie I then realised the reason behind the ticket counter being empty..!! Also I co-related the dailogue of SURA after watching the whole movie... "SURA padam paarkkaradukku munnadi nalla yosichukoo.. yena padam paartha appuram konjam kuda yosikka mudiyaadhu".. aaavvvv... I became speechless until home after exiting the theater..!!!

Few of the old characters (shop people) recognised me and I had a brief chat with them too..

These were few of the recent updates about Chromepet. I shall narrate more in the coming posts..

I hope by this time the heat might have reduced to some extent in Chennai. Beat the heat (summer) with Thayir sadam... Njoy this blog post about thayir sadam: Courtesy Mr. Badri

---vartaa..

3 comments:

bachu said...

kasiji, Recent News abt Chromepet is nice particularly abt your two wheeler ride...

Sura parthuttu Karuvadaa vanthirukeenganu puriyudhu.... keep blogging...

VPM-Sathish said...

Indicator kadha was too much...I can see Kasi stamp there...too much of reel...other's were ok...The HEAT is still ON you know...IT's is a hot place you know..

On the Holy Angel's school & about great scholars students from that school...I am sure you are NOT referring you right...I could not catch so much of stress on those students..thought may be you are trying to portray you there...Satish.

ChromepetKasi said...

Thanks Badri for your comments...