Tuesday 16 September 2008

Chromepet My Heaven - Part I

It is quite natural for any person to love his birth place or the place where resided for more years. So obviously CHROMEPET being my birth place, it is my earthly heaven. I have seen and even now notice the reaction from the face of people who asks about my native place. As soon as I say it is 'CHROMEPET' their eyebrows shrink for a moment and the whole of the face resembles the Hero - Jim Carrry of the movie 'The Mask'.. As if I had uttered some bad words they react. Initially I was so surprised at times sad to notice such a reaction.. and at some instance I directly asked the reactor ( the 'person'.. don't assume for your own like 'nuclear reactor'..) the reason for such a response. Then they gave a detailed 'Kadha Kalachaybam' (Discourse).. that it is not inside the city of chennai and it is in suburbs..


hhhmmm.. So I guessed only human beings live in city and rest left out species all in suburbs.. What a justification.. To react to such remark.. I would rather say the famous dailouge 'Enna kodumai sarvanan idhu???..' irukattum, irukattum..(its ok..)



May be say 15 to 20 years back chromepet would have been a real suburb place. But now its not a suburb, It is 'SUPERB'.. Place. One should visit and notice the remarkable and unbelievable developments taking place in chromepet. My God, the whole of chromepet really resembles like a busiest part of a city.

For the past so many years and the years to come, the Madras Institute of Technology, in short M.I.T. is the only limelight and important location for chromepet. But now the scenario has changed, there are so many additional places like the recent M.I.T. Flyover, Naiha (Naidu Hall - Textile Showroom), Nallas (Fast food Chain..), and so many mini and maxi hotels, colleges, hospitals in chromepet have become the limelight and contributed to their own extent in the development of chromepet.


The main popular areas in chromepet are Radha Nagar, Hasthinapuram, Nemilichery, on the east side and New Colony, Nagappa Nagar, boarday..(Government Board High School) on the west side of the chromepet.


I am proud to say that I am a 'Radha Nagarian'.. in the coming blogs I wish to narrate more about 'Radha Nagar - The Past and Present'.. of my own experiences..
Nanbargalay.. (Friends) no other go, You have to read and enjoy (Bored..!!) of my blogs.. Vida Matten ungalai..!! hahahaha..

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogger, Mr. Kasi. im also a radha nagarian and happy to see u in the blog. The expression of people when we say 'im from chromepet' was the same as u said. i think now this feeling is slowly changing among people.

Infact one day when i was travelling in 'pallavan transport', i heard the driver saying 'kutti mambalam' when the bus was nearing 'chromepet bus stop'.

i was really surprised to hear it and almost its true. nowadays people instead of going to mambalam and getting stuck in the crowd, come to chromepet for mini shopping.

proud about being a 'Radh Nagarian'

continue your talks

Rajesh Subramanian said...

வணக்கம் ராதாநகர் கண்மணிகளே.... நானும் அந்த ராதானகின் ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவன். அருமையான உங்களின் வர்ணனைக்கு நன்றி நன்றி!
(Translation: Welcome RN's. Am also from the same community and thank you Kasi for your descriptively wonderful blog on Chromepet!)

Kavitha said...

Good Blog.I also hail from Chromepet.Chromepet has eyed everyone in the so called "city side".The recent growth in the property prices in Chromepet proves its no more a suburban.

Raghu said...

Hi

Chromepet Kabalis!!!

I also hail from chromepet and trust me chromepet is far developed than most of the places in the so called singara city.

Raghu

அப்பாதுரை said...

mmmm.. i remember the good old days... us new colonians used to kick radhanagar, ashtinapuram (is it ha or a?), krishnanagar butts.
go new colony, go!